Friday 2 January 2015

Christmas + Night at the Museum

Christmas, the most exciting time of the year for me.

Exchanging presents, warm hugs from friends, much singing and talking cock and last but not least, FOOOOOODDDD !






Apparently I didn't any photos of my feast because I was too carried away eating, HAHA-hahaha-ha.



SPOILER ALERT ! DO NOT CONTINUE READING IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCH NATM3

So anyway, I also watched Night at The Museum, Secret of the Tomb :D 



It was a funny family fun movie, although I have to say that the plot was too predictable except for the part when the caveman and the british security guard actually made out.
*cringes*



Here's the part when I get really emotional about Robin Williams :

Don't mind me I'm just kinda voicing out my personal opinion over here.

First of all I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of him ( but I like him alot ) and it's been awhile since he passed but his recent appearance on this movie has touched me in so many ways I decided to pin down some of my thoughts here.

The process of him actually turning into wax was a little emotional for me because it's like he himself believes that he's not going to make it but he's trying so hard to live by everyday, struggling to fight the depression that is eating him away and he knows that his time is limited.




So when he finally "died" for awhile in the movie I was like OHMAGAWD but then obviously somehow they would be saved because movies so yeah he came back alive.

Then the part when they decided that the magic tablet would be best left at the British Museum and Larry was super upset because he didn't want them to not come to life anymore.

Because the exhibits have already decided that they are ready for their end, Teddy said " You have to let us go "



Although Robin Williams left us so abruptly, we had to "let him go" so that we can move on.

When they returned to the museum and await for the sunlight, it was such a depressing moment for me.
Larry knows that once the first ray hits, his friends would be gone and that they would never come back alive again. The goodbyes, clinging on to every second he has with them because he knows that this is the last time.
In the last conversation with Teddy, Larry said something along the lines of " I have no idea what I am going to do tomorrow" and Teddy replied, "Isn't that exciting?"
At first he pranks Larry for the last time, and then he says
"Cheer up, the sun is rising"
Slowly all signs of life disappear, turning him into the lifeless wax figure he originally was.



Here I stay silent as I watch Robin fade away once again thinking " This is it, he's gone "
The whole cinema was silent at this moment, I'm sure they had the exact same sentiments I had.
Even at his last moments on screen he continues to make us laugh, he always will.
And that heroic Teddy pose ; Robin Williams will continue to inspire us and be our hero even after death.
Giving us laughter and hope even after he's gone.
Hits me right in the feels, it was so hard holding back my tears.





At the last scene, after we have accepted the fact that he's gone (in the movie) he re-appears riding on his horse and smiling so happily. This has made me believe that he has moved on to a happy place now.
Plus the fact that he has been immortalised on TV be it on movies, shows or his stand up comedies he will continue to live on in our lives and continue to make us laugh until the end of time as he has dedicated a large part of his life to that.
 He will always be here with us.
Thank you Robin Williams for everything that you've done, the genie is free now.

No comments:

Post a Comment